Keyword Relevance for: Professional, scientific and technical services
11-9121.00 Natural Sciences Managers
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||9 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||14 matches|
- Natural Sciences Managers
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Chemical Plant Technical Director
- Director of Research and Development
- Health Sciences Manager
- Hydrogeology Professor
- Mineral and Aggregate Resources Planner
- Natural Science Manager
- Research Scientist
- Research and Development Director
- Plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as life sciences, physical sciences, mathematics, statistics, and research and development in these fields.
- Confer with scientists, engineers, regulators, or others to plan or review projects or to provide technical assistance.
- Determine scientific or technical goals within broad outlines provided by top management and make detailed plans to accomplish these goals.
- Develop or implement policies, standards, or procedures for the architectural, scientific, or technical work performed to ensure regulatory compliance or operations enhancement.
- Hire, supervise, or evaluate engineers, technicians, researchers, or other staff.
- Make presentations at professional meetings to further knowledge in the field.
Detailed Work Activities
- analyze scientific research data or investigative findings
- communicate technical information
- confer with scientists
- perform statistical analysis in physical science or geological research
- prepare technical reports identifying results of research
- present research papers or dissertations on physical science issues
- resolve engineering or science problems
- use scientific research methodology
- use library or online Internet research techniques
- use long or short term production planning techniques
- use physical science research techniques
- use project management techniques
- use public speaking techniques
- write administrative procedures services manual