Keyword Relevance for: Information
13-1031.02 Insurance Adjusters, Examiners, and Investigators
|O*NET-SOC Title||no matches|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||no matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||2 matches|
- Investigate, analyze, and determine the extent of insurance company's liability concerning personal, casualty, or property loss or damages, and attempt to effect settlement with claimants. Correspond with or interview medical specialists, agents, witnesses, or claimants to compile information. Calculate benefit payments and approve payment of claims within a certain monetary limit.
- Analyze information gathered by investigation, and report findings and recommendations.
- Communicate with former associates to verify employment record and to obtain background information regarding persons or businesses applying for credit.
- Obtain credit information from banks and other credit services.
Detailed Work Activities
- Calculate data to inform organizational operations.
- Report information to managers or other personnel.