Keyword Relevance for: Professional, scientific and technical services
13-1121.00 Meeting, Convention, and Event Planners
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||12 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||no matches|
|Detailed Work Activities||3 matches|
- Meeting, Convention, and Event Planners
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Catering and Convention Services Coordinator
- Catering and Convention Services Manager
- Catering and Convention Services Sales Manager
- Certified Meeting Professional
- Conference Service Coordinator
- Conference Services Director
- Conference Services Manager
- Convention Services Manager (CSM)
- Director of Catering and Convention Services
- Director of Conference Services
- Director of Conference Services and Catering
- Director of Convention Services
- Coordinate services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing and event security.
- Evaluate and select providers of services according to customer requirements.
- Negotiate contracts with such service providers and suppliers as hotels, convention centers, and speakers.
- Obtain permits from fire and health departments to erect displays and exhibits and serve food at events.
- Plan and develop programs, agendas, budgets, and services according to customer requirements.
- Promote conference, convention and trades show services by performing tasks such as meeting with professional and trade associations, and producing brochures and other publications.
- Read trade publications, attend seminars, and consult with other meeting professionals to keep abreast of meeting management standards and trends.
Detailed Work Activities
- Market products, services, or events.
- Negotiate contracts with clients or service providers.
- Update professional knowledge.