Keyword Relevance for: Information
13-2081.00 Tax Examiners and Collectors, and Revenue Agents
|O*NET-SOC Title||no matches|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||no matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||no matches|
|Detailed Work Activities||1 match|
- Conduct independent field audits and investigations of income tax returns to verify information or to amend tax liabilities.
- Enter tax return information into computers for processing.
- Investigate claims of inability to pay taxes by researching court information for the status of liens, mortgages, or financial statements, or by locating assets through third parties.
- Maintain knowledge of tax code changes, and of accounting procedures and theory to properly evaluate financial information.
- Participate in informal appeals hearings on contested cases from other agents.
Detailed Work Activities
- interview client to obtain additional tax information