Keyword Relevance for: Professional, scientific and technical services
15-1133.00 Software Developers, Systems Software
|O*NET-SOC Title||no matches|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||5 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||2 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Technical Support Engineer
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Computer Scientist
- Senior Software and Systems Engineer
- System and Network Administrator
- Research, design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific, and general computing applications. Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements. May design embedded systems software. Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
- Consult with customers or other departments on project status, proposals, or technical issues, such as software system design or maintenance.
- Design or develop software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Supervise and assign work to programmers, designers, technologists, technicians, or other engineering or scientific personnel.
Detailed Work Activities
- Apply mathematical principles or statistical approaches to solve problems in scientific or applied fields.
- Provide technical support for software maintenance or use.