Keyword Relevance for: mathematics
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||2 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||7 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Engineering Mathematician
- Conduct research in fundamental mathematics or in application of mathematical techniques to science, management, and other fields. Solve problems in various fields using mathematical methods.
- Apply mathematical theories and techniques to the solution of practical problems in business, engineering, the sciences, or other fields.
- Conduct research to extend mathematical knowledge in traditional areas, such as algebra, geometry, probability, and logic.
- Develop mathematical or statistical models of phenomena to be used for analysis or for computational simulation.
- Develop new principles and new relationships between existing mathematical principles to advance mathematical science.
- Maintain knowledge in the field by reading professional journals, talking with other mathematicians, and attending professional conferences.
Detailed Work Activities
- create mathematical or statistical diagrams or charts
- develop mathematical ideas or interpretations
- develop mathematical or computer languages
- develop mathematical simulation models
- develop scientific or mathematical hypotheses, theories, or laws
- explain complex mathematical information
- use mathematical or statistical methods to identify or analyze problems