Keyword Relevance for: mathematics
15-2031.00 Operations Research Analysts
|O*NET-SOC Title||no matches|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||no matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||5 matches|
- Formulate and apply mathematical modeling and other optimizing methods to develop and interpret information that assists management with decision making, policy formulation, or other managerial functions. May collect and analyze data and develop decision support software, service, or products. May develop and supply optimal time, cost, or logistics networks for program evaluation, review, or implementation.
- Break systems into their component parts, assign numerical values to each component, and examine the mathematical relationships between them.
- Formulate mathematical or simulation models of problems, relating constants and variables, restrictions, alternatives, conflicting objectives, and their numerical parameters.
Detailed Work Activities
- create mathematical or statistical diagrams or charts
- develop mathematical ideas or interpretations
- develop mathematical simulation models
- explain complex mathematical information
- use mathematical or statistical methods to identify or analyze problems