Keyword Relevance for: Manufacturing
17-2041.00 Chemical Engineers
|O*NET-SOC Title||no matches|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||no matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||6 matches|
- Design chemical plant equipment and devise processes for manufacturing chemicals and products, such as gasoline, synthetic rubber, plastics, detergents, cement, paper, and pulp, by applying principles and technology of chemistry, physics, and engineering.
- Conduct research to develop new and improved chemical manufacturing processes.
- Perform laboratory studies of steps in manufacture of new product and test proposed process in small scale operation such as a pilot plant.
- Troubleshoot problems with chemical manufacturing processes.
Detailed Work Activities
- confer with engineering, technical or manufacturing personnel
- design manufacturing processes or methods
- evaluate manufacturing or processing systems
- follow manufacturing methods or techniques
- use research methodology procedures within manufacturing or commerce
- use technical information in manufacturing or industrial activities