Keyword Relevance for: engineers
17-2112.01 Human Factors Engineers and Ergonomists
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||7 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||no matches|
|Detailed Work Activities||2 matches|
- Human Factors Engineers and Ergonomists
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Engineering Psychologist
- Chief Engineer
- Human Factors Engineer
- Managing Cognitive Engineer
- Principal Engineer
- Professor of Industrial Engineering
- Usability Engineer
- Advocate for end users in collaboration with other professionals including engineers, designers, managers, or customers.
- Design or evaluate human work systems, using human factors engineering and ergonomic principles to optimize usability, cost, quality, safety, or performance.
- Prepare reports or presentations summarizing results or conclusions of human factors engineering or ergonomics activities, such as testing, investigation, or validation.
Detailed Work Activities
- Create models of engineering designs or methods.
- Research human performance or health factors related to engineering or design activities.