7 matches for Chemistry
|Alternate Occupation Titles||1 match|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||1 match|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Chemical Engineer
- Develop usable, tangible products, using knowledge of biology, chemistry, or engineering. Solve problems related to materials, systems, or processes that interact with humans, plants, animals, microorganisms, or biological materials.
- Consult with chemists or biologists to develop or evaluate novel technologies.
- Develop biocatalytic processes to convert biomass to fuels or fine chemicals, using enzymes of bacteria, yeast, or other microorganisms.
- Develop toxicological or environmental testing processes to measure chemical toxicity or environmental impact.
- Modify or control biological systems to replace, augment, or sustain chemical or mechanical processes.
Detailed Work Activities
- Research engineering aspects of biological or chemical processes.
Learn more on the