Keyword Relevance for: biology
17-2199.01 Biochemical Engineers
|O*NET-SOC Title||no matches|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||no matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||1 match|
- Develop usable, tangible products, using knowledge of biology, chemistry, or engineering. Solve problems related to materials, systems, or processes that interact with humans, plants, animals, microorganisms, or biological materials.
- Consult with chemists or biologists to develop or evaluate novel technologies.
- Develop methodologies for transferring procedures or biological processes from laboratories to commercial-scale manufacturing production.
- Devise scalable recovery, purification, or fermentation processes for producing proteins or other biological substances for human or animal therapeutic use, food production or processing, biofuels, or effluent treatment.
- Modify or control biological systems to replace, augment, or sustain chemical or mechanical processes.
Detailed Work Activities
- Research engineering aspects of biological or chemical processes.