Keyword Relevance for: engineers
17-3027.00 Mechanical Engineering Technicians
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||10 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||no matches|
- Mechanical Engineering Technicians
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Engineering Drawings Checker
- Engineering Lab Technician
- Engineering Technical Analyst
- Engineering Technician
- Design Engineer
- Equipment Engineer
- Gyroscopic Engineering Technician
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Process Engineering Technician
- Apply theory and principles of mechanical engineering to modify, develop, test, or calibrate machinery and equipment under direction of engineering staff or physical scientists.
- Calculate required capacities for equipment of proposed system to obtain specified performance and submit data to engineering personnel for approval.
- Confer with technicians and submit reports of test results to engineering department and recommend design or material changes.
- Evaluate tool drawing designs by measuring drawing dimensions and comparing with original specifications for form and function using engineering skills.
- Operate drill press, grinders, engine lathe, or other machines to modify parts tested or to fabricate experimental parts for testing.