Keyword Relevance for: Information
17-3031.02 Mapping Technicians
|O*NET-SOC Title||no matches|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||3 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||1 match|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Geographical Information System Analyst (GIS Analyst)
- Geographical Information System Specialist (GIS Specialist)
- Geographical Information System Technician (GIS Technician)
- Calculate mapmaking information from field notes, and draw and verify accuracy of topographical maps.
- Answer questions and provide information to the public or to staff members regarding assessment maps, surveys, boundaries, easements, property ownership, roads, zoning, or similar matters.
- Calculate latitudes, longitudes, angles, areas, or other information for mapmaking, using survey field notes or reference tables.
- Enter Global Positioning System (GPS) data, legal deeds, field notes, or land survey reports into geographic information system (GIS) workstations so that information can be transformed into graphic land descriptions, such as maps or drawings.
- Identify and compile database information to create maps in response to requests.
- Monitor mapping work or the updating of maps to ensure accuracy, the inclusion of new or changed information, or compliance with rules and regulations.
- Produce or update overlay maps to show information boundaries, water locations, or topographic features on various base maps or at different scales.
- Redraw or correct maps, such as revising parcel maps, to reflect tax code area changes, using information from official records or surveys.
- Research and combine existing property information to describe property boundaries in relation to adjacent properties, taking into account parcel splits, combinations, or land boundary adjustments.
- Research resources such as survey maps or legal descriptions to verify property lines or to obtain information needed for mapping.
Detailed Work Activities
- Explain engineering drawings, specifications, or other technical information.