Keyword Relevance for: Police Science
19-1012.00 Food Scientists and Technologists
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||8 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||no matches|
- Food Scientists and Technologists
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Food Science Professor
- Food Scientist
- Food Preservation Scientist
- Food Processing Scientist
- Food Safety Scientist
- Food and Drug Research Scientist
- Product Development Scientist
- Research Scientist
- Use chemistry, microbiology, engineering, and other sciences to study the principles underlying the processing and deterioration of foods; analyze food content to determine levels of vitamins, fat, sugar, and protein; discover new food sources; research ways to make processed foods safe, palatable, and healthful; and apply food science knowledge to determine best ways to process, package, preserve, store, and distribute food.
- Develop new or improved ways of preserving, processing, packaging, storing, and delivering foods, using knowledge of chemistry, microbiology, and other sciences.
- Stay up-to-date on new regulations and current events regarding food science by reviewing scientific literature.