Keyword Relevance for: engineers
19-1012.00 Food Scientists and Technologists
|O*NET-SOC Title||no matches|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||1 match|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||5 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Process Engineer
- Use chemistry, microbiology, engineering, and other sciences to study the principles underlying the processing and deterioration of foods; analyze food content to determine levels of vitamins, fat, sugar, and protein; discover new food sources; research ways to make processed foods safe, palatable, and healthful; and apply food science knowledge to determine best ways to process, package, preserve, store, and distribute food.
- Confer with process engineers, plant operators, flavor experts, and packaging and marketing specialists to resolve problems in product development.
Detailed Work Activities
- analyze engineering design problems
- analyze engineering test data
- confer with engineering, technical or manufacturing personnel
- resolve engineering or science problems
- understand engineering data or reports