Keyword Relevance for: biology
19-1013.00 Soil and Plant Scientists
|O*NET-SOC Title||no matches|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||no matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||5 matches|
- Conduct research in breeding, physiology, production, yield, and management of crops and agricultural plants or trees, shrubs, and nursery stock, their growth in soils, and control of pests; or study the chemical, physical, biological, and mineralogical composition of soils as they relate to plant or crop growth. May classify and map soils and investigate effects of alternative practices on soil and crop productivity.
- Identify degraded or contaminated soils and develop plans to improve their chemical, biological, or physical characteristics.
Detailed Work Activities
- analyze biological research, test, or analysis data
- examine biological or other material specimens under microscope
- prepare biological specimens for examination
- use biological research techniques
- use biological testing instruments