Keyword Relevance for: Chemistry
19-1021.00 Biochemists and Biophysicists
|O*NET-SOC Title||no matches|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||3 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||1 match|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Analytical Research Chemist
- Biological Chemist
- Research Chemist
- Study the chemical composition or physical principles of living cells and organisms, their electrical and mechanical energy, and related phenomena. May conduct research to further understanding of the complex chemical combinations and reactions involved in metabolism, reproduction, growth, and heredity. May determine the effects of foods, drugs, serums, hormones, and other substances on tissues and vital processes of living organisms.
- Develop methods to process, store, or use foods, drugs, or chemical compounds.
- Examine the molecular or chemical aspects of immune system functioning.
- Research the chemical effects of substances, such as drugs, serums, hormones, or food, on tissues or vital processes.
- Study physical principles of living cells or organisms and their electrical or mechanical energy, applying methods and knowledge of mathematics, physics, chemistry, or biology.
- Study the chemistry of living processes, such as cell development, breathing and digestion, or living energy changes, such as growth, aging, or death.
Detailed Work Activities
- Research microbiological or chemical processes or structures.