Keyword Relevance for: bioinformatics
19-1029.01 Bioinformatics Scientists
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||23 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||no matches|
- Bioinformatics Scientists
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Bioinformatics Analyst
- Bioinformatics Analyst/Programmer
- Bioinformatics Associate
- Bioinformatics Computer Scientist
- Bioinformatics Engineer
- Bioinformatics Scientist
- Bioinformatics Specialist
- Bioinformatics Support Specialist
- Bioinformatics Team Member
- Associate Professor, Director of Bioinformatics Program
- Director of Bioinformatics and Trait Discovery
- Director of Bioinformatics, Associate Professor
- Director of Informatics
- Director of Translation and Experimental Medicine Bioinformatics
- Director, Informatics
- Drug Discovery Informatics Specialist
- Principal Bioinformatics Specialist
- Scientific Informatics Leader
- Scientific Informatics Project Leader
- Senior Bioinformatics Scientist
- Senior Bioinformatics Specialist
- Conduct research using bioinformatics theory and methods in areas such as pharmaceuticals, medical technology, biotechnology, computational biology, proteomics, computer information science, biology and medical informatics. May design databases and develop algorithms for processing and analyzing genomic information, or other biological information.
- Collaborate with software developers in the development and modification of commercial bioinformatics software.
- Compile data for use in activities such as gene expression profiling, genome annotation, and structural bioinformatics.
- Create or modify web-based bioinformatics tools.
- Design and apply bioinformatics algorithms including unsupervised and supervised machine learning, dynamic programming, or graphic algorithms.
- Direct the work of technicians and information technology staff applying bioinformatics tools or applications in areas such as proteomics, transcriptomics, metabolomics, and clinical bioinformatics.
- Improve user interfaces to bioinformatics software and databases.
- Instruct others in the selection and use of bioinformatics tools.
- Prepare summary statistics of information regarding human genomes.
- Test new and updated bioinformatics tools and software.