Keyword Relevance for: biology
19-1029.01 Bioinformatics Scientists
|O*NET-SOC Title||no matches|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||5 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||1 match|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Biological Scientist
- Assistant Professor of Biology
- Associate Professor of Cell & Molecular Biology
- Computational Biologist
- Professor of Cell and Developmental Biology
- Conduct research using bioinformatics theory and methods in areas such as pharmaceuticals, medical technology, biotechnology, computational biology, proteomics, computer information science, biology and medical informatics. May design databases and develop algorithms for processing and analyzing genomic information, or other biological information.
- Provide statistical and computational tools for biologically based activities such as genetic analysis, measurement of gene expression, and gene function determination.
Detailed Work Activities
- Analyze biological samples.