Keyword Relevance for: Pre-Veterinary Medicine
|O*NET-SOC Title||no matches|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||1 match|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||1 match|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Veterinary Epidemiologist
- Investigate and describe the determinants and distribution of disease, disability, or health outcomes. May develop the means for prevention and control.
- Prepare and analyze samples to study effects of drugs, gases, pesticides, or microorganisms on cell structure and tissue.
- Conduct research to develop methodologies, instrumentation and procedures for medical application, analyzing data and presenting findings.
- Educate healthcare workers, patients, and the public about infectious and communicable diseases, including disease transmission and prevention.
- Plan and direct studies to investigate human or animal disease, preventive methods, and treatments for disease.
- Standardize drug dosages, methods of immunization, and procedures for manufacture of drugs and medicinal compounds.
- Teach principles of medicine and medical and laboratory procedures to physicians, residents, students, and technicians.
Detailed Work Activities
- Prepare scientific or technical reports or presentations.