Keyword Relevance for: Professional, scientific and technical services
19-2021.00 Atmospheric and Space Scientists
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||8 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||no matches|
|Detailed Work Activities||19 matches|
- Atmospheric and Space Scientists
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Science and Operations Officer (SOO)
- Service Hydrologist
- Atmospheric Scientist
- Hydrometeorological Technician
- Hydrometeorological Analysis and Support Forecaster
- Physical Scientist
- Research Scientist
- Analyze climate data sets, using techniques such as geophysical fluid dynamics, data assimilation, or numerical modeling.
- Consult with other offices, agencies, professionals, or researchers regarding the use and interpretation of climatological information for weather predictions and warnings.
- Direct forecasting services at weather stations or at radio or television broadcasting facilities.
- Prepare scientific atmospheric or climate reports, articles, or texts.
- Teach college-level courses on topics such as atmospheric and space science, meteorology, or global climate change.
Detailed Work Activities
- analyze scientific research data or investigative findings
- collect scientific or technical data
- communicate technical information
- confer with scientists
- develop scientific or mathematical hypotheses, theories, or laws
- direct and coordinate scientific research or investigative studies
- perform statistical analysis in physical science or geological research
- plan scientific research or investigative studies
- prepare technical reports or related documentation
- present research papers or dissertations on physical science issues
- resolve engineering or science problems
- use scientific research methodology
- use knowledge of investigation techniques
- use library or online Internet research techniques
- use oral or written communication techniques
- use physical science research techniques
- use public speaking techniques
- use teaching techniques
- write scholarly or technical research papers