Keyword Relevance for: Professional, scientific and technical services
19-2021.00 Atmospheric and Space Scientists
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||8 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||no matches|
|Detailed Work Activities||6 matches|
- Atmospheric and Space Scientists
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Science and Operations Officer (SOO)
- Service Hydrologist
- Atmospheric Scientist
- Hydrometeorological Technician
- Hydrometeorological Analysis and Support Forecaster
- Physical Scientist
- Research Scientist
- Analyze climate data sets, using techniques such as geophysical fluid dynamics, data assimilation, or numerical modeling.
- Consult with other offices, agencies, professionals, or researchers regarding the use and interpretation of climatological information for weather predictions and warnings.
- Direct forecasting services at weather stations or at radio or television broadcasting facilities.
- Prepare scientific atmospheric or climate reports, articles, or texts.
- Teach college-level courses on topics such as atmospheric and space science, meteorology, or global climate change.
Detailed Work Activities
- Collaborate on research activities with scientists or technical specialists.
- Direct technical activities or operations.
- Instruct college students in physical or life sciences.
- Prepare scientific or technical reports or presentations.
- Prepare research or technical reports on environmental issues.
- Provide technical information or assistance to public.