Keyword Relevance for: Professional, scientific and technical services
19-2041.00 Environmental Scientists and Specialists, Including Health
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||26 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||20 matches|
- Environmental Scientists and Specialists, Including Health
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Professor and Director Animal and Poultry Waste Management Center
- Technical Services Manager
- Assistant Scientist
- Associate Professor
- Biological Scientist
- Chief Technical Officer
- Chief Scientist
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- Environmental Scientist
- Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
- Hazardous Substances Scientist
- Health and Safety Director (H and S Director)
- Health and Safety Manager
- Marine Scientist
- Physical Science Researcher
- Principal Building Scientist
- Principal Research Scientist
- Project Scientist
- Radiation Control Technician
- Research Scientist
- Research Environmental Scientist
- Senior Biological Scientist
- Senior Building Scientist
- Senior Environmental Scientist
- Water Pollution Scientist
- Conduct research or perform investigation for the purpose of identifying, abating, or eliminating sources of pollutants or hazards that affect either the environment or the health of the population. Using knowledge of various scientific disciplines, may collect, synthesize, study, report, and recommend action based on data derived from measurements or observations of air, food, soil, water, and other sources.
- Analyze data to determine validity, quality, and scientific significance and to interpret correlations between human activities and environmental effects.
- Communicate scientific or technical information to the public, organizations, or internal audiences through oral briefings, written documents, workshops, conferences, training sessions, or public hearings.
- Design or direct studies to obtain technical environmental information about planned projects.
- Develop the technical portions of legal documents, administrative orders, or consent decrees.
- Provide scientific or technical guidance, support, coordination, or oversight to governmental agencies, environmental programs, industry, or the public.
- Review and implement environmental technical standards, guidelines, policies, and formal regulations that meet all appropriate requirements.
- Supervise or train students, environmental technologists, technicians, or other related staff.
Detailed Work Activities
- analyze scientific research data or investigative findings
- collect scientific or technical data
- communicate technical information
- confer with scientists
- confer with engineering, technical or manufacturing personnel
- develop scientific or mathematical hypotheses, theories, or laws
- develop new products based on scientific research results
- direct and coordinate scientific research or investigative studies
- plan scientific research or investigative studies
- prepare technical reports or related documentation
- resolve engineering or science problems
- use scientific research methodology
- use biological research techniques
- use hazardous disposal techniques
- use interpersonal communication techniques
- use knowledge of investigation techniques
- use library or online Internet research techniques
- use physical science research techniques
- use pollution control techniques
- write scholarly or technical research papers