Keyword Relevance for: Allied Health
19-4091.00 Environmental Science and Protection Technicians, Including Health
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||3 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||no matches|
- Environmental Science and Protection Technicians, Including Health
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Environmental Health Specialist
- Public Health Sanitarian
- Public Health Sanitarian Technician
- Perform laboratory and field tests to monitor the environment and investigate sources of pollution, including those that affect health, under the direction of an environmental scientist, engineer, or other specialist. May collect samples of gases, soil, water, and other materials for testing.
- Initiate procedures to close down or fine establishments violating environmental or health regulations.
- Inspect workplaces to ensure the absence of health and safety hazards, such as high noise levels, radiation, or potential lighting hazards.
- Provide information or technical or program assistance to government representatives, employers, or the general public on the issues of public health, environmental protection, or workplace safety.