Keyword Relevance for: Professional, scientific and technical services
19-4092.00 Forensic Science Technicians
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||26 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||4 matches|
- Forensic Science Technicians
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Ballistic Technician
- Computer Forensics Technician
- Crime Lab Technician
- Crime Scene Technician (Crime Scene Tech)
- Criminalist Technician
- DNA Technical Leader (Deoxyribonucleic Acid Technical Leader)
- Drug Analysis Unit Forensic Scientist
- Evidence Technician
- Fingerprint Technician
- Firearms and Toolmark Examiner
- Forensic Technician
- Forensic Science Technician
- Forensic Science Examiner
- Forensic Science Examiner, DNA Unit (Forensic Science Examiner, Deoxyribonucleic Acid Unit)
- Forensic Science Examiner, Imprints and Questioned Documents Section
- Forensic Science Manager
- Forensic Scientist
- Forensic Scientist, DNA Analyst (Forensic Scientist, Deoxyribonucleic Acid Analyst)
- Forensic Services Technician
- Identification Technician
- Lab Technician
- Manager, Forensic Science Department
- Principal Forensic Scientist
- Senior Forensic Technician
- Supervising Criminalist, Firearms and Toolmarks
- Trace Evidence Technician
- Collect, identify, classify, and analyze physical evidence related to criminal investigations. Perform tests on weapons or substances, such as fiber, hair, and tissue to determine significance to investigation. May testify as expert witnesses on evidence or crime laboratory techniques. May serve as specialists in area of expertise, such as ballistics, fingerprinting, handwriting, or biochemistry.
- Keep records and prepare reports detailing findings, investigative methods, and laboratory techniques.
- Review forensic analysts' reports for technical merit.
- Train new technicians or other personnel on forensic science techniques.
Detailed Work Activities
- Collaborate on research activities with scientists or technical specialists.
- Maintain laboratory or technical equipment.
- Prepare scientific or technical reports or presentations.
- Train personnel in technical or scientific procedures.