Keyword Relevance for: Professional, scientific and technical services
21-1013.00 Marriage and Family Therapists
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||13 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||4 matches|
- Marriage and Family Therapists
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Assistant Academic Dean/Assistant Professor
- Child and Family Counselor
- Clinical Services Director
- Couple and Family Therapist, Staff Therapist
- Director of Clinical Services
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Marriage and Family Counselor
- Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT)
- Marriage and Family Therapist Intern
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Therapist
- Staff Therapist and Assistant Office Director
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Therapist
- Diagnose and treat mental and emotional disorders, whether cognitive, affective, or behavioral, within the context of marriage and family systems. Apply psychotherapeutic and family systems theories and techniques in the delivery of services to individuals, couples, and families for the purpose of treating such diagnosed nervous and mental disorders.
- Collect information about clients, using techniques such as testing, interviewing, discussion, and observation.
- Confer with other counselors, doctors, and professionals to analyze individual cases and to coordinate counseling services.
- Provide family counseling and treatment services to inmates participating in substance abuse programs.
- Provide public education and consultation to other professionals or groups regarding counseling services, issues, and methods.
- Supervise other counselors, social service staff, and assistants.
Detailed Work Activities
- Collaborate with other professionals to assess client needs or plan treatments.
- Help clients get needed services or resources.
- Present social services program information to the public.
- Supervise workers providing client or patient services.