Keyword Relevance for: anthropology, social
21-1021.00 Child, Family, and School Social Workers
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||13 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||2 matches|
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Social Worker
- Adoption Social Worker
- Certified Children, Youth, and Family Social Worker
- Child Protective Services Social Worker (CPS Social Worker)
- Child Welfare Social Worker
- Delinquency Prevention Social Worker
- Elementary School Social Worker
- Foster Care Social Worker
- Licensed Social Worker
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Medical Social Worker
- Protective Services Social Worker
- School Social Worker
- Provide social services and assistance to improve the social and psychological functioning of children and their families and to maximize the family well-being and the academic functioning of children. May assist parents, arrange adoptions, and find foster homes for abandoned or abused children. In schools, they address such problems as teenage pregnancy, misbehavior, and truancy. May also advise teachers.
- Conduct social research.
- Counsel individuals, groups, families, or communities regarding issues including mental health, poverty, unemployment, substance abuse, physical abuse, rehabilitation, social adjustment, child care, or medical care.
- Supervise other social workers.
Detailed Work Activities
- Refer clients to community or social service programs.
- Research social issues.