Community Health Workers
46 matches for Allied Health
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||28 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||4 matches|
- Community Health Workers
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Health Educator
- Health Educator-Advanced
- Health Outreach Worker
- Health Planning Consultant
- Health Promotion Program Manager
- Health Promotion Specialist
- Health and Wellness Promotion Director
- Community Health Advisor
- Community Health Advocate
- Community Health Agent
- Community Health Counselor
- Community Health Navigator
- Community Health Outreach Worker
- Community Health Program Coordinator
- Community Health Program Representative (Community Health Program Rep)
- Community Health Promoter
- Community Health Representative
- Community Health Worker (CHW)
- Director of Health Enhancement
- Employee Health, Employee Wellness, Community Wellness
- Infection Control and Employee Health for Hospital and Nursing Home
- Lay Health Advocate
- Peer Health Promoter
- Public Health Nurse
- Public Health Outreach Worker
- Public Health Worker
- Senior Health Program Specialist
- Senior Community Health Representative
- Assist individuals and communities to adopt healthy behaviors. Conduct outreach for medical personnel or health organizations to implement programs in the community that promote, maintain, and improve individual and community health. May provide information on available resources, provide social support and informal counseling, advocate for individuals and community health needs, and provide services such as first aid and blood pressure screening. May collect data to help identify community health needs.
- Advise clients or community groups on issues related to improving general health, such as diet or exercise.
- Advocate for individual or community health needs with government agencies or health service providers.
- Attend community meetings or health fairs to understand community issues or build relationships with community members.
- Collect information from individuals to compile vital statistics about the general health of community members.
- Develop plans or formal contracts for individuals, families, or community groups to improve overall health.
- Identify the particular health care needs of individuals in a community or target area.
- Interpret, translate, or provide cultural mediation related to health services or information for community members.
- Provide basic health services, such as first aid.
- Provide feedback to health service providers regarding improving service accessibility or acceptability.
- Refer community members to needed health services.
- Teach classes or otherwise disseminate medical or dental health information to school groups, community groups, or targeted families or individuals, in a manner consistent with cultural norms.
- Transport or accompany clients to scheduled health appointments or referral sites.
Detailed Work Activities
- Advise clients or community groups on health issues.
- Collect information about community health needs.
- Plan programs to address community health issues.
- Provide basic health care services.
Learn more on the
Community Health Workers