Keyword Relevance for: mathematics
25-1022.00 Mathematical Science Teachers, Postsecondary
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||17 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||1 match|
- Mathematical Science Teachers, Postsecondary
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Mathematical Sciences Professor
- Mathematics Academic Chair
- Mathematics Education Professor
- Mathematics Faculty Member
- Mathematics Instructor (Math Instructor)
- Mathematics Lecturer
- Mathematics Professor
- Mathematics Teacher
- Adjunct Mathematics Instructor
- Adjunct Faculty Mathematics Department
- Assistant Professor of Mathematics
- Associate Professor of Mathematics
- Department of Mathematics Chair
- Developmental Mathematics Instructor
- Developmental Mathematics Professor
- Professor of Mathematics
- Professor of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Teach courses pertaining to mathematical concepts, statistics, and actuarial science and to the application of original and standardized mathematical techniques in solving specific problems and situations. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
- Keep abreast of developments and technological advances in the mathematical field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as linear algebra, differential equations, and discrete mathematics.
Detailed Work Activities
- Teach physical science or mathematics courses at the college level.