Keyword Relevance for: Professional, scientific and technical services
25-1051.00 Atmospheric, Earth, Marine, and Space Sciences Teachers, Postsecondary
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||28 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||3 matches|
- Atmospheric, Earth, Marine, and Space Sciences Teachers, Postsecondary
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Professor of Earth and Planetary Sciences
- Professor of Oceanography
- Assistant Professor
- Associate Professor
- Associate Professor of Geology
- Astronomy Professor
- Atmospheric Sciences Professor
- Atmospheric Physics Professor
- Climatology Professor
- College Professor
- Earth Science Professor
- Earth Science Teacher
- Earth Sciences Professor
- Ecosystem Ecology Professor
- Geological Science Teacher
- Geology Professor
- Geophysics Professor
- Geoscience Professor
- Geosciences Associate Professor
- Imaging Science Professor
- Meteorology Professor
- Mineralogy Professor
- Oceanic Sciences Professor
- Oceanography Professor
- Research Professor
- Research Scientist
- Volcanology Professor
- Teach courses in the physical sciences, except chemistry and physics. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching, and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
- Serve on academic or administrative committees that deal with institutional policies, departmental matters, and academic issues.
- Conduct research in a particular field of knowledge and publish findings in professional journals, books, or electronic media.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Perform administrative duties such as serving as department head.
- Provide professional consulting services to government or industry.
- Review papers or serve on editorial boards for scientific journals, and review grant proposals for federal agencies.
Detailed Work Activities
- Serve on institutional or departmental committees.
- Attend training sessions or professional meetings to develop or maintain professional knowledge.
- Teach physical science or mathematics courses at the college level.