Keyword Relevance for: Professional, scientific and technical services
25-1082.00 Library Science Teachers, Postsecondary
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||19 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||2 matches|
- Library Science Teachers, Postsecondary
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Adjunct Professor in Educational Media and Library Sciences Program
- Adjunct Instructor Library Technical Assistant Program
- Archival Studies Professor
- Assistant Professor
- Assistant Professor of Information Studies
- Associate Professor
- Associate Professor in Library and Information Science
- Associate Professor of Library Science
- Associate Professor of Library Media
- Cataloging and Classification Instructor
- College Professor
- Library Science Professor
- Library Science Instructor
- Library Services Dean
- Library and Information Science Professor
- Library and Information Technology Instructor
- Medical Records Library Professor
- School of Library and Information Services Adjunct Professor
- Teach courses in library science. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
- Serve on academic or administrative committees that deal with institutional policies, departmental matters, and academic issues.
- Conduct research in a particular field of knowledge and present findings in professional journals, books, electronic media, or at professional conferences.
- Edit manuscripts for professional journals.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, giving presentations at conferences, and serving on committees in professional associations.
- Perform administrative duties such as serving as department head.
- Provide professional consulting services to government or industry.
Detailed Work Activities
- Serve on institutional or departmental committees.
- Attend training sessions or professional meetings to develop or maintain professional knowledge.