Keyword Relevance for: Secondary Education - Physics
25-2059.01 Adapted Physical Education Specialists
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||15 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||5 matches|
- Adapted Physical Education Specialists
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Physical Education Teacher
- Adapted Physical Education Professional Preparation Teacher Trainer
- Adapted Physical Education Specialist
- Adapted Physical Education Specialist-Workshop Leader
- Adapted Physical Education Teacher
- Adapted Physical Education or Adapted Physical Activity Specialist
- Adaptive Physical Education Specialist
- Adaptive Physical Education Specialists
- Adaptive Physical Education Teacher
- Adaptive Physical Educator
- Assistant Professor of Adapted Physical Activity
- Certified Adapted Physical Educator
- Coordinator, Adapted Physical Education Program
- Professor of Adapted Physical Education
- Professor-Prepare Students in the Field of Adapted Physical Education
- Provide individualized physical education instruction or services to children, youth, or adults with exceptional physical needs due to gross motor developmental delays or other impairments.
- Advise education professionals of students' physical abilities or disabilities and the accommodations required to enhance their school performance.
- Assess students' physical progress or needs.
- Assist in screening or placement of students in adapted physical education programs.
- Attend in-service training, workshops, or meetings to keep abreast of current practices or trends in adapted physical education.
- Evaluate the motor needs of individual students to determine their need for adapted physical education services.
- Instruct students, using adapted physical education techniques, to improve physical fitness, gross motor skills, perceptual motor skills, or sports and game achievement.
- Prepare lesson plans in accordance with individualized education plans (IEPs) and the functional abilities or needs of students.
- Provide adapted physical education services to students with intellectual disabilities, autism, traumatic brain injury, orthopedic impairments, or other disabling condition.
- Provide individual or small groups of students with adapted physical education instruction that meets desired physical needs or goals.
- Provide students positive feedback to encourage them and help them develop an appreciation for physical education.
- Request or order physical education equipment, following standard procedures.
- Review adapted physical education programs or practices to ensure compliance with government or other regulations.
- Write or modify individualized education plans (IEPs) for students with intellectual or physical disabilities.
- Write reports to summarize student performance, social growth, or physical development.
Detailed Work Activities
- Administer tests to assess educational needs or progress.
- Advise educators on curricula, instructional methods, or policies.
- Assess educational needs of students.
- Assist students with special educational needs.
- Teach physical education.