15 matches for Information
|Alternate Occupation Titles||4 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||2 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Information Scientist
- Information Services Librarian
- Head of Information Services
- Head of Government Information Services
- Administer libraries and perform related library services. Work in a variety of settings, including public libraries, educational institutions, museums, corporations, government agencies, law firms, non-profit organizations, and healthcare providers. Tasks may include selecting, acquiring, cataloguing, classifying, circulating, and maintaining library materials; and furnishing reference, bibliographical, and readers' advisory services. May perform in-depth, strategic research, and synthesize, analyze, edit, and filter information. May set up or work with databases and information systems to catalogue and access information.
- Analyze patrons' requests to determine needed information, and assist in furnishing or locating that information.
- Confer with colleagues, faculty, and community members and organizations to conduct informational programs, make collection decisions, and determine library services to offer.
- Design information storage and retrieval systems, and develop procedures for collecting, organizing, interpreting, and classifying information.
- Develop and maintain databases that provide information for library users.
- Develop, maintain, and troubleshoot information access aids, such as databases, annotated bibliographies, web pages, electronic pathfinders, software programs, and online tutorials.
- Explain use of library facilities, resources, equipment, and services, and provide information about library policies.
- Locate unusual or unique information in response to specific requests.
- Plan and teach classes on topics such as information literacy, library instruction, and technology use.
Detailed Work Activities
- Organize informational materials.
- Search information sources to find specific data.
Learn more on the