Keyword Relevance for: Music Technology - Audio Techniques
27-2042.02 Musicians, Instrumental
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||7 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||4 matches|
- Musicians, Instrumental
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Music Artist
- Church Musician
- Jazz Musician
- Orchestra Musician
- Studio Musician
- Symphony Orchestra Musician
- Play one or more musical instruments in recital, in accompaniment, or as members of an orchestra, band, or other musical group.
- Audition for orchestras, bands, or other musical groups.
- Compose original music such as popular songs, symphonies, or sonatas.
- Improvise music during performances.
- Make or participate in recordings in music studios.
- Play musical instruments as soloists, or as members or guest artists of musical groups such as orchestras, ensembles, or bands.
- Practice musical instrument performances, individually or in rehearsal with other musicians, to master individual pieces of music and to maintain and improve skills.
- Promote their own or their group's music by participating in media interviews and other activities.
- Provide the musical background for live shows such as ballets, operas, musical theatre, and cabarets.
- Sight-read musical parts during rehearsals.
- Specialize in playing a specific family of instruments or a particular type of music.
- Teach music for specific instruments.
- Transpose music to alternate keys, or to fit individual styles or purposes.
Detailed Work Activities
- Coordinate musical rehearsals or performances.
- Create musical compositions, arrangements or scores.
- Perform music for the public.
- Train others on performance techniques.