Keyword Relevance for: Dentistry
29-1021.00 Dentists, General
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||12 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||2 matches|
- Dentists, General
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Dental Intern
- Dental Medicine Doctor (DMD)
- Dental Officer
- Dental Surgery Doctor (DDS)
- Associate Dentist
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD)
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS)
- Family Dentist
- General Dentist
- Pediatric Dentist
- Public Health Dentist
- Examine, diagnose, and treat diseases, injuries, and malformations of teeth and gums. May treat diseases of nerve, pulp, and other dental tissues affecting oral hygiene and retention of teeth. May fit dental appliances or provide preventive care.
- Advise or instruct patients regarding preventive dental care, the causes and treatment of dental problems, or oral health care services.
- Analyze or evaluate dental needs to determine changes or trends in patterns of dental disease.
- Design, make, or fit prosthodontic appliances, such as space maintainers, bridges, or dentures, or write fabrication instructions or prescriptions for denturists or dental technicians.
- Eliminate irritating margins of fillings and correct occlusions, using dental instruments.
- Examine teeth, gums, and related tissues, using dental instruments, x-rays, or other diagnostic equipment, to evaluate dental health, diagnose diseases or abnormalities, and plan appropriate treatments.
- Plan, organize, or maintain dental health programs.
- Produce or evaluate dental health educational materials.
- Treat exposure of pulp by pulp capping, removal of pulp from pulp chamber, or root canal, using dental instruments.
- Use air turbine and hand instruments, dental appliances and surgical implements.
Detailed Work Activities
- Diagnose dental conditions.
- Treat dental problems or diseases.