Keyword Relevance for: Dentistry
|O*NET-SOC Title||no matches|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||3 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||2 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Dentofacial Orthopedics Dentist
- Examine, diagnose, and treat dental malocclusions and oral cavity anomalies. Design and fabricate appliances to realign teeth and jaws to produce and maintain normal function and to improve appearance.
- Adjust dental appliances to produce and maintain normal function.
- Coordinate orthodontic services with other dental and medical services.
- Diagnose teeth and jaw or other dental-facial abnormalities.
- Examine patients to assess abnormalities of jaw development, tooth position, and other dental-facial structures.
- Fit dental appliances in patients' mouths to alter the position and relationship of teeth and jaws or to realign teeth.
- Instruct dental officers and technical assistants in orthodontic procedures and techniques.
- Study diagnostic records, such as medical or dental histories, plaster models of the teeth, photos of a patient's face and teeth, and X-rays, to develop patient treatment plans.
Detailed Work Activities
- Adjust dental devices or appliances to ensure fit.
- Diagnose dental conditions.