Keyword Relevance for: Allied Health
29-1031.00 Dietitians and Nutritionists
|O*NET-SOC Title||no matches|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||5 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||9 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Health & Wellness Director
- Health and Wellness Director Health Coach and Consulting Dietitian
- Public Health Dietitian
- Public Health Nutritionist
- Public Health Program Coordinator
- Plan and conduct food service or nutritional programs to assist in the promotion of health and control of disease. May supervise activities of a department providing quantity food services, counsel individuals, or conduct nutritional research.
- Assess nutritional needs, diet restrictions and current health plans to develop and implement dietary-care plans and provide nutritional counseling.
- Consult with physicians and health care personnel to determine nutritional needs and diet restrictions of patient or client.
- Counsel individuals and groups on basic rules of good nutrition, healthy eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life.
- Develop policies for food service or nutritional programs to assist in health promotion and disease control.
- Plan and conduct training programs in dietetics, nutrition, and institutional management and administration for medical students, health-care personnel and the general public.
- Purchase food in accordance with health and safety codes.
Detailed Work Activities
- Advise communities or institutions regarding health or safety issues.
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals to plan or provide treatment.
- Conduct health or safety training programs.
- Consult with others regarding safe or healthy equipment or facilities.
- Design public or employee health programs.
- Direct healthcare delivery programs.
- Manage healthcare operations.
- Prepare healthcare training materials.
- Provide health and wellness advice to patients, program participants, or caregivers.