Keyword Relevance for: Pre-Veterinary Medicine
29-1069.05 Nuclear Medicine Physicians
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||13 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||3 matches|
- Nuclear Medicine Physicians
Alternate Occupation Titles
- President, Nuclear Medicine Biotechnology
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- Chief of Radiology & Nuclear Medicine
- Director of Nuclear Medicine
- Director, Nuclear Medicine Section
- Division Head, Nuclear Medicine
- Medical Director, Nuclear Medicine Department
- Medical Doctor, Nuclear Medicine
- Nuclear Medicine Medical Director
- Nuclear Medicine Physician
- Nuclear Medicine Section Chief, Radiology Department
- Nuclear Medicine Specialist
- Physician-in-Charge of Nuclear Medicine Department
- Diagnose and treat diseases using radioactive materials and techniques. May monitor radionuclide preparation, administration, and disposition.
- Prepare comprehensive interpretive reports of findings.
- Prescribe radionuclides and dosages to be administered to individual patients.
- Calculate, measure, or prepare radioisotope dosages.
- Compare nuclear medicine procedures with other types of procedures such as computed tomography, ultrasonography, nuclear magnetic resonance imaging, and angiography.
- Direct nuclear medicine technologists or technicians regarding desired dosages, techniques, positions, and projections.
- Formulate plans and procedures for nuclear medicine departments.
- Monitor quality control of radionuclide preparation, administration, or disposition ensuring that activities comply with applicable regulations and standards.
- Perform cardiovascular nuclear medicine procedures such as exercise testing and pharmacologic stress testing.
- Provide advice on the selection of nuclear medicine supplies or equipment.
- Teach nuclear medicine, diagnostic radiology, or other specialties at graduate educational level.
Detailed Work Activities
- Prepare medications or medical solutions.
- Prepare reports summarizing patient diagnostic or care activities.
- Prescribe medications.