Keyword Relevance for: Pre-Veterinary Medicine
29-1069.09 Preventive Medicine Physicians
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||4 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||1 match|
- Preventive Medicine Physicians
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Preventive Medicine Physician
- Preventive Medicine Specialist
- Aerospace Medicine Physician
- Occupational Medicine Physician
- Apply knowledge of general preventive medicine and public health issues to promote health care to groups or individuals, and aid in the prevention or reduction of risk of disease, injury, disability, or death. May practice population-based medicine or diagnose and treat patients in the context of clinical health promotion and disease prevention.
- Prepare preventive health reports including problem descriptions, analyses, alternative solutions, and recommendations.
- Deliver presentations to lay or professional audiences.
- Direct or manage prevention programs in specialty areas such as aerospace, occupational, infectious disease, and environmental medicine.
- Direct public health education programs dealing with topics such as preventable diseases, injuries, nutrition, food service sanitation, water supply safety, sewage and waste disposal, insect control, and immunizations.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of prescribed risk reduction measures or other interventions.
- Identify groups at risk for specific preventable diseases or injuries.
- Teach or train medical staff regarding preventive medicine issues.
Detailed Work Activities
- Present medical research reports.