Keyword Relevance for: Pre-Veterinary Medicine
29-1199.04 Naturopathic Physicians
|O*NET-SOC Title||no matches|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||3 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||2 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- President of Company and Naturopathic Doctor
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine
- VP, Scientific and Regulatory Affairs (Vice President, Scientific and Regulatory Affairs)
- Diagnose, treat, and help prevent diseases using a system of practice that is based on the natural healing capacity of individuals. May use physiological, psychological or mechanical methods. May also use natural medicines, prescription or legend drugs, foods, herbs, or other natural remedies.
- Prescribe synthetic drugs under the supervision of medical doctors or within the allowances of regulatory bodies.
- Administer treatments or therapies, such as homeopathy, hydrotherapy, Oriental or Ayurvedic medicine, electrotherapy and diathermy, using physical agents including air, heat, cold, water, sound, or ultraviolet light to catalyze the body to heal itself.
- Administer, dispense, or prescribe natural medicines such as food or botanical extracts, herbs, dietary supplements, vitamins, nutraceuticals, and amino acids.
- Advise patients about therapeutic exercise and nutritional medicine regimens.
- Document patients' histories, including identifying data, chief complaints, illnesses, previous medical or family histories, or psychosocial characteristics.
- Maintain professional development through activities such as post-graduate education, continuing education, preceptorships, and residency programs.
- Obtain medical records from previous physicians or other health care providers for the purpose of patient evaluation.
Detailed Work Activities
- Prepare official health documents or records.
- Prescribe medications.