Keyword Relevance for: -Medical Technology
29-2011.00 Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technologists
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||40 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||11 matches|
- Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technologists
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Medical Technologist (MT)
- Medical Technologist Supervisor
- Medical Technologist Teaching Supervisor
- Medical Technologist, Chemistry Section
- Medical Technologist, Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- Medical Technologist, Microbiology Supervisor
- Medical Technologist, Shift Supervisor (MT, Shift Supervisor)
- Medical Chief Technician
- Medical Laboratory Technologist (Medical Lab Tech)
- Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Medical Laboratory Scientist, Generalist
- Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
- Medical Numerical Control Operator
- Medical Scientist
- Medical Technician
- Biochemistry Technologist
- Blood Bank Technologist
- Blood Bank Laboratory Technologist
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Chemistry Technologist
- Chief Medical Technologist
- Clinical Medical Technologist
- Clinical Lab Scientist, Medical Technologist
- Clinical Laboratory Technologist
- Cytogenetic Technologist
- Flow Cytometry Technologist
- Generalist Medical Technologist
- Hematology Technologist
- Histologist Technologist
- Immunology Technologist
- Lead Medical Technologist
- Lead Histology Tech (Lead Histology Technologist)
- Lead Tech (Lead Technologist)
- Microbiology Technologist
- Molecular Pathology Technologist
- Pathology Laboratory Technologist
- Senior Medical Technologist
- Site Manager, Medical Technologist
- Tissue Technologist
- Perform complex medical laboratory tests for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. May train or supervise staff.
- Conduct medical research under direction of microbiologist or biochemist.
- Develop, standardize, evaluate, or modify procedures, techniques, or tests used in the analysis of specimens or in medical laboratory experiments.
- Enter data from analysis of medical tests or clinical results into computer for storage.
- Select and prepare specimens and media for cell cultures, using aseptic technique and knowledge of medium components and cell requirements.
- Supervise, train, or direct lab assistants, medical and clinical laboratory technicians or technologists, or other medical laboratory workers engaged in laboratory testing.
Detailed Work Activities
- Clean medical equipment or facilities.
- Communicate detailed medical information to patients or family members.
- Communicate test or assessment results to medical professionals.
- Conduct research to increase knowledge about medical issues.
- Cultivate micro-organisms for study, testing, or medical preparations.
- Determine protocols for medical procedures.
- Maintain medical laboratory equipment.
- Operate laboratory equipment to analyze medical samples.
- Prepare medical supplies or equipment for use.
- Supervise technical medical personnel.
- Train medical providers.