Keyword Relevance for: -Medical Technology
29-2012.00 Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technicians
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||16 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||9 matches|
- Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technicians
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Medical Technologist
- Medical Technologist-Generalist
- Medical Lab Assistant
- Medical Laboratory Technologist (Medical Lab Technologist)
- Medical Laboratory Assistant
- Medical Laboratory Technician (Medical Lab Tech)
- Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
- Medical Laboratory Technician Supervisor (MLT Supervisor)
- Medical Laboratory Technician, Chemistry
- Medical Laboratory Technician, Microbiology (MLT, Microbiology)
- Medical Laboratory Technicians (Medical Lab Technician)
- Medical Numerical Control Operator
- Medical Technician
- Medical Technician Assistant (Med Tech Assistant)
- Cytogenetic Technologist
- Senior Medical Technologist, Microbiology
- Perform routine medical laboratory tests for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. May work under the supervision of a medical technologist.
- Inoculate fertilized eggs, broths, or other bacteriological media with organisms.
- Perform medical research to further control or cure disease.
- Set up, maintain, calibrate, clean, and test sterility of medical laboratory equipment.
Detailed Work Activities
- Clean medical equipment or facilities.
- Conduct research to increase knowledge about medical issues.
- Cultivate micro-organisms for study, testing, or medical preparations.
- Inform medical professionals regarding patient conditions and care.
- Maintain medical laboratory equipment.
- Operate laboratory equipment to analyze medical samples.
- Prepare medical supplies or equipment for use.
- Supervise technical medical personnel.
- Train medical providers.