Keyword Relevance for: Pre-Veterinary Medicine
29-2033.00 Nuclear Medicine Technologists
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||19 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||2 matches|
- Nuclear Medicine Technologists
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Cardiac Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist (CNMT)
- Chief Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Chief Nuclear Medicine and PET Tech (Chief Nuclear Medicine and Positron Emission Tomography Technologist)
- Director Nuclear Medicine
- Director Nuclear Medicine Services
- Lead Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Lead Nuc Med Tech)
- Lead Nuclear Medicine and PET-CT Technologist (Lead Nuclear Medicine and Positron Emission Tomography - Computed Tomography Technologist)
- Mri, Nuclear Medicine, and Radiologic Technologist
- Nuclear Medicine PET-CT Technologist (Nuclear Medicine Positron Emission Tomography - Computed Tomography Technologist)
- Nuclear Medicine Staff Technologist
- Nuclear Medicine Supervisor
- Nuclear Medicine Technician
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Nuclear Med Tech)
- Registered Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Senior Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Special Procedures Technologist Nuclear Medicine and Sonography
- Staff Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Supervisor Nuclear Medicine
- Prepare, administer, and measure radioactive isotopes in therapeutic, diagnostic, and tracer studies using a variety of radioisotope equipment. Prepare stock solutions of radioactive materials and calculate doses to be administered by radiologists. Subject patients to radiation. Execute blood volume, red cell survival, and fat absorption studies following standard laboratory techniques.
- Prepare stock radiopharmaceuticals, adhering to safety standards that minimize radiation exposure to workers and patients.
- Calculate, measure, and record radiation dosage or radiopharmaceuticals received, used, and disposed, using computer and following physician's prescription.
- Develop treatment procedures for nuclear medicine treatment programs.
- Explain test procedures and safety precautions to patients and provide them with assistance during test procedures.
- Train or supervise student or subordinate nuclear medicine technologists.
Detailed Work Activities
- Prepare biological specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Prepare medications or medical solutions.