Keyword Relevance for: -Medical Technology
29-2056.00 Veterinary Technologists and Technicians
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||4 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||17 matches|
- Veterinary Technologists and Technicians
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Medical Technologist
- Laboratory Technologist
- Veterinary Technologist
- Veterinary Surgery Technologist
- Perform medical tests in a laboratory environment for use in the treatment and diagnosis of diseases in animals. Prepare vaccines and serums for prevention of diseases. Prepare tissue samples, take blood samples, and execute laboratory tests, such as urinalysis and blood counts. Clean and sterilize instruments and materials and maintain equipment and machines. May assist a veterinarian during surgery.
- Discuss medical health of pets with clients, such as post-operative status.
- Fill prescriptions, measuring medications and labeling containers.
- Monitor medical supplies and place orders when inventory is low.
- Prepare and administer medications, vaccines, serums, or treatments, as prescribed by veterinarians.
Detailed Work Activities
- Administer basic health care or medical treatments.
- Administer non-intravenous medications.
- Clean medical equipment or facilities.
- Communicate detailed medical information to patients or family members.
- Maintain medical equipment or instruments.
- Maintain medical facility records.
- Maintain inventory of medical supplies or equipment.
- Order medical supplies or equipment.
- Perform clerical work in medical settings.
- Prepare medical supplies or equipment for use.
- Prepare medications or medical solutions.
- Prepare patients physically for medical procedures.
- Process medical billing information.
- Process x-rays or other medical images.
- Sterilize medical equipment or instruments.
- Train medical providers.
- Treat medical emergencies.