Keyword Relevance for: Pre-Veterinary Medicine
29-2056.00 Veterinary Technologists and Technicians
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||21 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||4 matches|
- Veterinary Technologists and Technicians
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Veterinary Assistant
- Veterinary Lab Tech
- Veterinary Laboratory Technician (Veterinary Lab Tech)
- Veterinary Nurse
- Veterinary Surgery Technician
- Veterinary Surgery Technologist
- Veterinary Technician (Vet Tech)
- Veterinary Technician Supervisor (Vet Technician Supervisor)
- Veterinary Technician, Boarding Manager
- Veterinary Technologist
- Veterinary X-Ray Operator
- Anesthesia Veterinary Technician
- Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT)
- Certified Veterinary Technician, Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner (CVT, CCRP)
- Certified Veterinary Technician, Head X-Ray Technician
- Emergency Veterinary Technician
- Intensive Care Unit Veterinary Technician
- Internal Medicine Veterinary Technician
- Lead Veterinary Technician (Lead Vet Tech)
- Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT)
- Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT)
- Perform medical tests in a laboratory environment for use in the treatment and diagnosis of diseases in animals. Prepare vaccines and serums for prevention of diseases. Prepare tissue samples, take blood samples, and execute laboratory tests, such as urinalysis and blood counts. Clean and sterilize instruments and materials and maintain equipment and machines. May assist a veterinarian during surgery.
- Prepare and administer medications, vaccines, serums, or treatments, as prescribed by veterinarians.
- Prepare animals for surgery, performing such tasks as shaving surgical areas.
- Prepare treatment rooms for surgery.
- Administer anesthesia to animals, under the direction of a veterinarian, and monitor animals' responses to anesthetics so that dosages can be adjusted.
- Collect, prepare, and label samples for laboratory testing, culture, or microscopic examination.
- Fill prescriptions, measuring medications and labeling containers.
- Provide veterinarians with the correct equipment or instruments, as needed.
- Supervise or train veterinary students or other staff members.
Detailed Work Activities
- Prepare biological specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Prepare medical supplies or equipment for use.
- Prepare medications or medical solutions.
- Prepare patients physically for medical procedures.