Keyword Relevance for: -Medical Technology
29-2099.05 Ophthalmic Medical Technologists
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||10 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||10 matches|
- Ophthalmic Medical Technologists
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Biomedical Research Technologist
- Certified Ophthalmic Medical Technologist (COMT)
- Ocular Care Technologist
- Ophthalmic Medical Technologist
- Ophthalmic Medical Technologist, Surgical Assistant
- Ophthalmic Medical Assistant
- Ophthalmic Technologist (Ophthalmic Tech)
- Ophthalmic Technologist, Lead Technologist (Ophthalmic Technologist, Lead Tech)
- Ophthalmic Technologist, Photographer
- Optometric Technologist
- Assist ophthalmologists by performing ophthalmic clinical functions and ophthalmic photography. Provide instruction and supervision to other ophthalmic personnel. Assist with minor surgical procedures, applying aseptic techniques and preparing instruments. May perform eye exams, administer eye medications, and instruct patients in care and use of corrective lenses.
- Administer topical ophthalmic or oral medications.
- Take and document patients' medical histories.
Detailed Work Activities
- Administer non-intravenous medications.
- Calculate numerical data for medical activities.
- Clean medical equipment or facilities.
- Collect medical information from patients, family members, or other medical professionals.
- Maintain medical equipment or instruments.
- Operate diagnostic or therapeutic medical instruments or equipment.
- Record patient medical histories.
- Sterilize medical equipment or instruments.
- Supervise medical support personnel.
- Train medical providers.