11 matches for Information
- Assess individual or family risk for a variety of inherited conditions, such as genetic disorders and birth defects. Provide information to other healthcare providers or to individuals and families concerned with the risk of inherited conditions. Advise individuals and families to support informed decisionmaking and coping methods for those at risk. May help conduct research related to genetic conditions or genetic counseling.
- Analyze genetic information to identify patients or families at risk for specific disorders or syndromes.
- Discuss testing options and the associated risks, benefits and limitations with patients and families to assist them in making informed decisions.
- Provide counseling to patient and family members by providing information, education, or reassurance.
- Provide patients with information about the inheritance of conditions such as breast, ovarian, prostate and colon cancer; cardiovascular disease; Alzheimer's disease; and diabetes.
- Write detailed consultation reports to provide information on complex genetic concepts to patients or referring physicians.
Detailed Work Activities
- Inform medical professionals regarding patient conditions and care.
- Analyze test data or images to inform diagnosis or treatment.
- Collect medical information from patients, family members, or other medical professionals.
- Communicate detailed medical information to patients or family members.
- Gather medical information from patient histories.
Learn more on the