Keyword Relevance for: Allied Health
31-1011.00 Home Health Aides
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||8 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||no matches|
- Home Health Aides
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Health Care Assistant
- Health Service Worker
- Health Support Specialist (HSS)
- Certified Home Health Aide
- Home Health Aide (HHA)
- Home Health Attendant
- Home Health Care Provider
- Home Health Provider
- Provide routine individualized healthcare such as changing bandages and dressing wounds, and applying topical medications to the elderly, convalescents, or persons with disabilities at the patient's home or in a care facility. Monitor or report changes in health status. May also provide personal care such as bathing, dressing, and grooming of patient.
- Entertain, converse with, or read aloud to patients to keep them mentally healthy and alert.
- Provide patients and families with emotional support and instruction in areas such as caring for infants, preparing healthy meals, living independently, or adapting to disability or illness.