Keyword Relevance for: dental
31-9091.00 Dental Assistants
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||13 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||8 matches|
- Dental Assistants
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Dental Aide
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Nurse
- Dental Office Manager
- Dentist Attendant
- Certified Dental Assistant (CDA)
- Certified Registered Dental Assistant
- Expanded Dental Assistant
- Expanded Duties Dental Assistant (EDDA)
- Expanded Duty Dental Assistant
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant (EFDA)
- Registered Dental Assistant (RDA)
- Surgical Dental Assistant
- Assist dentist, set up equipment, prepare patient for treatment, and keep records.
- Assist dentist in management of medical or dental emergencies.
- Clean teeth, using dental instruments.
- Expose dental diagnostic x-rays.
- Order and monitor dental supplies and equipment inventory.
- Prepare patient, sterilize or disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials, or assist dentist during dental procedures.
- Provide postoperative instructions prescribed by dentist.
- Schedule appointments, prepare bills and receive payment for dental services, complete insurance forms, and maintain records, manually or using computer.
- Take and record medical and dental histories and vital signs of patients.
Detailed Work Activities
- assist in examining or treating dental or medical patients
- follow dental or medical x-ray procedures
- maintain dental or medical records
- operate dental equipment
- perform dental hygiene procedures
- prepare patient for dental work
- set up dental equipment
- use dental treatment procedures