Keyword Relevance for: -Medical Technology
31-9092.00 Medical Assistants
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||27 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||11 matches|
- Medical Assistants
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Medical Assistant (MA)
- Medical Assistant Back Office
- Medical Assistant Float
- Medical Assistant Rheumatology
- Medical Assistant X-Ray Lab
- Medical Assistant, Billing Associate
- Medical Assistant, Lab
- Medical Assistant, Phlebotomy
- Medical Assistant/Cna
- Medical Billing Coder
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Medical Department Secretary
- Medical Insurance Coding Specialist
- Medical Office Assistant
- Medical Office Assistant, Occupational Medicine
- Medical Office Technician
- Medical Office Worker
- Medical Receptionist/Phlebotomist/Occ. Med. Specialist
- Medical Technician Assistant (Medical Tech Assistant)
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Health Technician, Medical Assistant
- Injection Room Medical Assistant (Injection Room MA)
- Moa-Medical Office Assistant/Cna
- Mobile Medical Testing Technician
- Pediatric Medical Assistance
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA)
- Perform administrative and certain clinical duties under the direction of a physician. Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, billing, and coding information for insurance purposes. Clinical duties may include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination, drawing blood, and administering medications as directed by physician.
- Contact medical facilities or departments to schedule patients for tests or admission.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets, or physicians' instructions to patients.
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Inventory and order medical, lab, or office supplies or equipment.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician.
- Record patients' medical history, vital statistics, or information such as test results in medical records.
- Set up medical laboratory equipment.
Detailed Work Activities
- Administer basic health care or medical treatments.
- Assist practitioners to perform medical procedures.
- Clean medical equipment.
- Explain technical medical information to patients.
- Give medications or immunizations.
- Interview patients to gather medical information.
- Inventory medical supplies or equipment.
- Operate medical equipment.
- Perform clerical work in medical settings.
- Prepare medical instruments or equipment for use.
- Process medical billing information.