Keyword Relevance for: Professional, scientific and technical services
41-4011.00 Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||19 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||11 matches|
- Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Technical Service Representative
- Aircraft Equipment and Parts Sales Representative
- Building Equipment and Supplies Sales Representative
- Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
- Chemicals and Drugs Sales Representative
- Computers and EDP Systems Sales Representative
- Dental and Medical Equipment and Supplies Sales Representative
- Elevators, Escalators, and Dumbwaiters Sales Representative
- Farm and Garden Equipment and Supplies Sales Representative
- Field Service Representative
- Foundry and Machine Shop Products Sales Representative
- Medical Service Representative
- Milking Machines Sales Service Representative
- Oil Field Supplies and Equipment Sales Representative
- Pharmaceutical Service Representative
- Poultry Equipment and Supplies Sales Representative
- Radiographic Inspection Equipment and Services Sales Representative
- Railroad Equipment and Supplies Sales Representative
- Weighing and Force Measurement Instruments Sales Representative
- Sell goods for wholesalers or manufacturers where technical or scientific knowledge is required in such areas as biology, engineering, chemistry, and electronics, normally obtained from at least 2 years of post-secondary education.
- Compute customer's installation or production costs and estimate savings from new services, products, or equipment.
- Consult with engineers regarding technical problems with products.
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs, and to explain how these needs could be met by specific products and services.
- Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers' needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
- Inform customers of estimated delivery schedules, service contracts, warranties, or other information pertaining to purchased products.
- Negotiate prices or terms of sales or service agreements.
- Present information to customers about the energy efficiency or environmental impact of scientific or technical products.
- Provide customers with ongoing technical support.
- Research and convey information to customers about tax benefits or government rebates associated with energy-efficient scientific or technical products, such as solar panels.
- Sell technical and scientific products that are environmentally sound or designed for environmental remediation.
- Sell service contracts for products.
- Visit establishments to evaluate needs or to promote product or service sales.
Detailed Work Activities
- Advise customers on the use of products or services.
- Answer customer questions about goods or services.
- Arrange delivery of goods or services.
- Attend events to develop professional knowledge.
- Contact current or potential customers to promote products or services.
- Discuss design or technical features of products or services with technical personnel.
- Explain technical product or service information to customers.
- Prepare drawings or diagrams of products or services.
- Recommend products or services to customers.
- Sell products or services.
- Study product information to acquire professional knowledge.